Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Finally There's Time for Music

I've been on a psycho downloading spree lately that would be somewhat of a wet dream for an RIAA lawyer. Though I recently learned that they have decided to stop it with the lawsuits, because it wasn't working or something. Of course, there is also this article. This could be a lesson in choosing your news sources.

Anyway, my downloading spree is related to this blog because I want to kind of keep track of stuff I'm listening too, as well as shows and things.

I learned today that Animal Collective is from Baltimore. I can't believe I never knew that. They are evidently calling their new album Merriweather Post Pavilion! Also, there was a leak of the album released that was all Rickrolls. I love the internets.

I am just starting to listen to A.C. Newman, for some reason. So far it's really good. What took me so long?

There are so many good shows coming up:
  • Songs for Presidents (with Nelly McKay and Jukebox the Ghost (another wonderful Baltimore creation))
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Andrew Bird
  • Spank Rock - tonight!
  • Ben Kweller and Cat Power are on Soft Sale
  • A.C. Newman - thus my recent foray
  • the Raveonettes are coming which might be a last opportunity to see them at a small venue because they've been showing up on some "Best __ Albums of 2008" lists.
  • Blitzen Trapper
  • etc
I have to go now. They are moving stuff in and out of my office. Yeah, that's right, I've got my own office now. It really just means I get to listen to more music, and be a little more lonely.

I took off work tomorrow for no reason other than so that I can get drunk and stay out late tonight and not worry about it. I love my job. Though I guess tomorrow is Christmas Eve and most people don't need to ask off, because they already have the day off. Whatever. Bright Side.

meryl

1 comment: